As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pentland Javelin Seed Potatoes | Grow Your Own First Early Potatoes | 2.5Kg BagGardenersDream
- Plant in a position with plenty of sun, fertile soil and water regularly, in a well-drained, unless there is ample rainfall. They are most commonly boiled, due to their sweeter taste. Avoid planting potatoes in the same plot as the previous year.
Harvest instructions: ready to harvest 12-14 weeks after planting. Pentland javelin bulks slightly later than other first earlies, producing a high-yield of short-oval, white skinned tubers with bright white, tasty flesh.
First earlies: first early varieties are known for producing smaller crops, steamed or sauteed and are also a popular choice for salads, with good resistance to pests.
How to grow: first early potatoes can be grown from late february/early March onwards and greatly benefit from 'chitting'. Grow your own pentland javelin potatoes: considered one of the most excellent varieties that you can grow. Cut off any growth above ground level, two weeks before lifting, to encourage stronger skin.
2. Patch Seed Potatoes
PatchPotatoes: Charlotte Seed Potatoes 1KgPatch Seed Potatoes
- Second Early. Charlotte is probably the most popular salad variety in the UK. Winner of the RHS award of garden merit. Full of flavour whether you eat it hot or cold. Charlotte tubers have creamy yellow flesh, firm and waxy, with yellow skin.
Maris Peer Seed Potatoes | Grow Your Own Vegetables | 2.5kg Second Early TubersGardenersDream
- Good disease resistance but beware of blight damage. Excellent flavour and firm texture perfect for baking. Draw soil over or cover the stems and tubers to avoid frost and light damage and help development.
Second early varieties mature in around 4 – 5 months from planting to be harvested in Summer around August. Supplied as: 2. 5kg bag of seeding potatoes. Plant in potato bags or in the ground. Growing period: usually planted from mid-march to April depending on weather.
Susceptible to frost damage so protection is advised via organic mulching and trenching. Care & maintenance: plant in a sunny position in fertile soil and water regularly. Planting instructions: chitting before planting is advised until sprout is about 3cm long. Characteristics: second early variety of seed potatoes producing smaller, uniform shaped tubers with smooth, cream-yellow flesh.
4. Carbeth Plants
Easy to Grow Variety of Seed Potato, Seed Potatoes Pentland Javelin, 11 Tuber PackCarbeth Plants
- For beginners - perfect for beginners and gardeners who want to try various different tastes. High yielder - this variety is well known for producing a high yield of potatoes at harvesting time.
First early - this first-early potato produces heavy crops of short, oval, white skinned tubers with pure-white tasty flesh. Harvesting - best planted in February and harvested around May/June time. Yummy :.
5. JBA Seed Potatoes
2KG Approx.20-25 Tubers, Seed Potatoes Maris PiperJBA Seed Potatoes
- One of the nations favourites. Can be planted until end of May for early harvest. Approx. Great for roasting, baking and chipping. We are unable to send seed potatoes to Ireland from 1/1/2021. 20-25 tubers per pack.